Monday, October 12, 2020

"I give unto men weaknesses, that they might become strengths unto them"

 Many with weaknesses, fail to realize the co-existing opposing strengths, and even strengths that can come from having a weakness. Those with emotional weaknesses sometimes see things most take for granted or cognitively unaware of. A deep questioning and pondering mind, see's that which others fail to contemplate deeply enough. For others, greater things may remain superficial, un-serious, un-understood. If one cannot see/behold/understand their own weaknesses, and that strengths that attend them, how can one understand/behold greater truths? How can one help and support and be there for others in their weaknesses? It's the reason those things are disclosed in scripture... about the Lord making weaknesses to become strengths. He uses them to prepare and exalt us. See them. Be grateful for the positive things that come with them. They keep men humble and always questioning and searching and pondering deeply. Be thankful for them to a point, but also let the Lord make weaknesses strong unto us. Let the Lord help us overcome them in time, or at least use them for strong purposes - the work and glory of Father and Son.

If the Lord tells you, that you are His son, it has special and specific meaning. It is above that of a servant, and co-exists with that after. He is an Eternal Father forever to such souls. Some in the BOM declared Jesus is the very Eternal Father, because He became such... to them individually. It's the ultimate goal and reason we come here to receive and then maintain. To join His eternal family via a certain spiritual adoption. Few behold that necessity, let alone receive the designation, even then it's often to their own surprise and following doubts of hearing it, even when more than one voice may declare it. Despite it being hinted to or explained in scripture and repetitious LDS ordinances. And many who hear such, have a hard time maintaining it, and some can still end up losing it (in the current mortality at least) thanks to the buffetings of fear and seeds of doubt that satan uses to prevent that persons progression and growth and maintenance of that station with God. The 2nd necessity for exaltation or a fulness of the former, is to have an eternal companion sealed and the relationship to be such that it endures. This is required. Women must align themselves with, or encourage her partner to obtain such, so both progress as one. All must arise to such things in this life, or be damned (no not to hell hopefully, but stopped from progression - on pause for a time). And when such things are attained to, the greater work is getting thru al the tests and trials and buffetings that will be there to throw you off the path you are in deed on. Weaknesses can be for our good. Strengths can sometimes lead to our downfall. Be meek in both.
Ether12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Ether 12:37: And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.


2 Cor 1:43 - "And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing, I implored the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then am I strong."
-His grace is sufficient for us, His strength can make us perfect like Him, thanks to our weakness that can propel/assist us there. Weaknesses are exactly what the Lord needs to make us perfect through His strength - His grace or power and authority and extreme empathetic/loving capability to do so. People have them in one way or another, all on differing levels at that. None are alone. All struggle. All have some weaknesses. We are here to experience them and get through them best we can, while becoming humble, understanding truth

Ether 5:5 - And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying, Fools mock, but they shall mourn. And my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness. And if men come unto me, I will shew unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness, that they may be humble. And my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Behold, I will shew unto the gentiles their weakness. And I will shew unto them that faith, hope, and charity bringeth unto me, the fountain of all righteousness.

http://scriptures.info/scriptures/tc/glossary/broken-heart---contrite-spirit -
"In the quiet service for others, when our minds finally come to rest on the only one who can save us, we can find that peace where the Lord comes to us and speaks words of comfort. He is real. He exists, and He comforts those who come to Him offering a broken heart and contrite spirit, and to none other."
2 Cor 1:2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment